#1 Gen. Jack T. Ripper

Gen. Jack T. Ripper

The artist formerly known as Count Roland

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

The Misandry Bubble

In light of the raep thread, this is required reading for anyone who's interested in having a balanced view of modern feminism and its probable socioeconomic aftermath.
"I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one's opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us." -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

"When we hear of some new attempt to explain reasoning or language or choice naturalistically, we ought to react as if we were told that someone had squared the circle or proved the square root of two to be rational: only the mildest curiosity is in order - how well has the fallacy been concealed?" -P.T. Geach

"You'll keep killing each other until only one remains, the strongest among you. A thousand years from now a dimwitted human barbarian will climb to the top of a pile of bones, sit down, and proclaim, 'I win!'" -Iorveth

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

In order that each man may have the fruits of his own labour.

• Supporters
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

I just have to say, without having read the whole thing...

Jack fucking Bauer?

Really?

"That the principle of allowing each man to have, (so far as it is consistent with the principles of natural law that he can have,) all the fruits of his own labour, would conduce to a more just and equal distribution of wealth than now exists, is a proposition too self-evident almost to need illustration. It is an obvious principle of natural justice, that each man should have the fruits of his own labour... It is also an obvious fact, that the property produced by society, is now distributed in very unequal proportions among those whose labour produced it, and with very little regard to the actual value of each one’s labour in producing it." — Lysander Spooner

"These tyrants, living solely on plunder, and on the labour of their slaves, and applying all their energies to the seizure of still more plunder, and the enslavement of still other defenseless persons; increasing, too, their numbers, perfecting their organisations, and multiplying their weapons of war, they extend their conquests until, in order to hold what they have already got, it becomes necessary for them to act systematically, and co-operate with each other in holding their slaves in subjection." [ibid.]

#3 Gen. Jack T. Ripper

Gen. Jack T. Ripper

• Administrators
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yes, really. Unless you think Peter Griffin is a better heroic archetype? :>

While it wouldn't surprise me if the author considered Bauer a good hero, which is (to say the least) highly disputable, what is absolutely indisputable is that Bauer is, in the dramatic sense of the word, a hero. Bauer could slay dragons, or so I gather. (I have yet to see an episode of '24'.) Peter Griffin would have trouble with most invertebrates. Art can tend to portray one type or the other, and it is fair to ask which it is now tending to portray, and, looking around, it is eminently reasonable to reply that it has shifted from portraying the former to portraying the latter - and, given the usual understanding of the relation between art and culture, it is sensible to ask why, and what it reflects.
"I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one's opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us." -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

"When we hear of some new attempt to explain reasoning or language or choice naturalistically, we ought to react as if we were told that someone had squared the circle or proved the square root of two to be rational: only the mildest curiosity is in order - how well has the fallacy been concealed?" -P.T. Geach

"You'll keep killing each other until only one remains, the strongest among you. A thousand years from now a dimwitted human barbarian will climb to the top of a pile of bones, sit down, and proclaim, 'I win!'" -Iorveth

#4 Rando

Rando

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion. – Edmund Burke

• Freesteader Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

I can't wait to see the female reaction to the proposed VR. Seriously. Their bullshit will stop in a heartbeat once they realize just how futile all their tricks are once men stop putting up with it.

I tried the whole "be an asshole" thing once. Didn't like it one bit. Goes against everything I was raised with, I don't understand how that's attractive. The whole "Alpha" and "Beta" thing is still confusing, honestly. Its obviously not about qualities and attributes, but am I right in saying its more about attitude? Am I the only that thinks that's absolutely fucking retarded?

Amazing read.

Edited by Rando, 06 June 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#5 Gen. Jack T. Ripper

Gen. Jack T. Ripper

• Administrators
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

re the Rise of the Machines (ahem): Expect 20-somethings to be thrilled with it. It's 'sex-positive', which is, like, totally cool (because mom and dad don't approve) - and even cooler, will make non-alphas even more invisible. Why should one risk 'harassing' a stuck-up princess when something more agreeable and certain is a mouseclick away? It will almost end sexual harassment in the industrialized world.

Expect those nearing their use-by date to be less approving, and expect those past it to want it outlawed for being a 'raep simulator'.

Expect religious traditionalists to make common cause with the cat-collectors. I hate to say it, since I'm one of 'em, but they've got a huge blind spot with regard to modern relationships: they're still stuck with the Victorian imagination that unmarried women, left uncorrupted by evil little boys, will faint at the mere mention of sex, but are nonetheless all eagerly waiting for nice young boys who say 'sir' and 'ma'am' and 'please' and 'thank you' and hold doors with whom to live happily ever after.

I would not be so sanguine about the computer-controlled-onanism industry winning the day. I give it a 60% chance.

What's really sad is that it would be a hollow victory ...uh, so to speak... for men if they won. You can't really love or be loved by a computer, and most men eventually figure out that that's what they're really after.

re the alpha/beta distinction: It's tangentially related to qualities and attributes; it's somewhat attitude. The explanation generally given for why 'game' works so disgustingly well is that attraction is largely unconscious: actual 'desirable' attributes are not rationally assessed, but signals with some vague association to 'desirable' attributes are unconsciously, sub-rationally, sensed and processed; and these signals can be consciously manufactured. You've heard that peacock plumage is so that male peacocks can 'demonstrate value' to female peacocks? Imagine if male peacocks learned to manufacture impressive feathers. That's game. Empirically, the signals that 'work' appear to be signals of power and/or social opportunity - in other words, something with a high degree of overlap with sociopathy - relative to the (female) observer. (Hence why being an asshole, especially to one's intended, so often builds interest, and catering to her whims does not.) And the alpha/beta/omega distinction is between those who display those signals, naturally or otherwise, to an effective degree and those who, increasingly, do not.

Personally, I wouldn't go so far as the 'game theorists' and insist that attraction is purely subconscious. People can be taught what to like and dislike; they can, with effort, teach themselves what to like and dislike. It's just that virtually nobody bothers, and the whole of culture is now dead-set against people doing so. As is usually the case, tears and lulz will follow. It's very, very sad - but what can you do for people who don't want to listen to reason?

#6 Rando

Rando

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion. – Edmund Burke

• Freesteader Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Can't expect to start at Cherry 2000 levels, I guess. As for the "harrassment", my take on it is the women will be missing it after a while. I hope we can expect some escalation in acceptance of what from their perspective would be "submales".

Man, the more you explain it the more I think "Wow, that's fucktarded". I get that attraction can be had unexplicably with no redeemable qualities to latch on, but it still seems so foreign to me that a person would actually fall for such bullshit as "game". I always thought it was about hierarchal importance, while in reality its about who can act like they have hierarchal importance. To me, that almost puts the Alpha in the same class as the women who keep typical males on a leash. Both are supreme manipulators. Both have more in common with textbook psychopaths than typical people. Its sickening.

From the Solomon write:

I’m glad you two boys are smart enough to see through that mess and deal with these girls they way they deserve. Keep treating them like the rubbish they are unless you want to end up like my two boys.

That's my favorite part, and it says a lot. A woman does not deserved to be treated respectfully, "like a lady" if she refuses to act like one. The comments are great too.

Edited by Rando, 07 June 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

In order that each man may have the fruits of his own labour.

• Supporters
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

My long responses will be reduced, having temporarily lost the use of my left index finger (post coming soon). But, Peter Griffin is awesome. That said, I have a hard time believing anyone thinks of him as a role model. I have heard people tell me Jack Bauer changed their opinion on torture from negative to positive. Fuck me. Stupidity is as stupidity does.

"That the principle of allowing each man to have, (so far as it is consistent with the principles of natural law that he can have,) all the fruits of his own labour, would conduce to a more just and equal distribution of wealth than now exists, is a proposition too self-evident almost to need illustration. It is an obvious principle of natural justice, that each man should have the fruits of his own labour... It is also an obvious fact, that the property produced by society, is now distributed in very unequal proportions among those whose labour produced it, and with very little regard to the actual value of each one’s labour in producing it." — Lysander Spooner

"These tyrants, living solely on plunder, and on the labour of their slaves, and applying all their energies to the seizure of still more plunder, and the enslavement of still other defenseless persons; increasing, too, their numbers, perfecting their organisations, and multiplying their weapons of war, they extend their conquests until, in order to hold what they have already got, it becomes necessary for them to act systematically, and co-operate with each other in holding their slaves in subjection." [ibid.]

#8 Gen. Jack T. Ripper

Gen. Jack T. Ripper

• Administrators
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

oro: Wasn't about role models specifically, though it of course includes them. The essay in no way said that Jack Bauer is the Ideal Man that all should aspire to be. It said nothing more than that Bauer is one of the few 'powerful' male characters left, that the heroes of old have largely been replaced by women, with men more and more relegated to the task of comic relief. To wit, that, as Tyler Durden said, we're increasingly 'a generation of men raised by women'. For my whole life, and yours - so I know you know what I am talking about - it has been said that women need to see portrayals of powerful women. As with everything else related to feminism, this has been accomplished, and not with an eye to equality, proportion, or (especially) humility. It directly follows from this perfectly obvious pattern - one amply documented in that essay, and moreover, one impossible to miss for anyone who takes the ringleaders and their hangers-on (like Marla) at their own words - that they are misandrists, they are social engineers, they are statists to the core, they require the monopolistic apparatus of the State to impose their unnatural policies, and they do deserve to be crushed into the cat shit which most of them will spend their postmenopausal years picking up.

And they will be crushed. Or more correctly, they will crush themselves. Their victory has been ashes in their mouths, and soon it won't even be that, as their betters turn from them, refuse to have anything to do with them, refuse to allow parasites with pretty faces to extract their surplus labor without giving them anything but scorn in return. Women are unhappier than ever, and falling fast, thanks to the total disconnect between what they say they want and what they choose. They, and the NWO-backed harpies who poisoned their minds with lies about eternal victimhood will inherit the corpse of a civilization, and when they have gnawed all its flesh to the bones and starved themselves, 'patriarchy' will return to resurrect it.

oh, while you're here, there's something you ought to take a gander at the update in the HHH thread. It involves an example of the sort of empowered woman civilization actually needs.

rando: Game is manipulation of a sort, yes - but I don't think it differs in that regard from wearing push-up bras or flattering dresses or makeup. What's stupid about it is, I think, largely a function of the very recent refusal to look beyond the superficial - indeed, the celebration of superficiality, in the name of 'finding one's self', a.k.a. having responsibility-free fun. What is worrisome, and what ought to be especially worrisome to any libertarian, is that the best peer-reviewed scientific research on what women actually want - the combination of the very diligent, if unethical, studies of the PUAs, and modern evolutionary biology - has shown beyond any reasonable doubt what men since antiquity have generally known in their guts: that, just as the biological core of male attraction is fertility, the core of female attraction is status in social hierarchy. Fertility really isn't linked to sociopathy. Status in social hierarchy, on the other hand, is.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Petty laws breed great crimes. – Ouida

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

And it looks like the ladies are locking and loading:

War on Women Is 2012 Democrat Rallying Cry

Democrats and allied groups including Emily’s List are framing Republican moves to cut federal spending as a war on women, an effort aimed at influencing the 2012 elections.

Support from women voters helped propel Republican gains in the 2010 elections. Democrats are hoping to reverse that next year by arguing that measures including the Republican push to end traditional Medicare would disproportionately affect women, who live longer than men.

Republican efforts to repeal collective-bargaining rights for public employees also are being characterized as anti-woman. For example, 73 percent of the American Federation of Teachers’ 1.5 million members are female.

Analysts say the success of the Democratic message likely would increase the party’s chances of holding the White House and Senate, and possibly winning a House majority.

“The Republicans have handed the Democrats a gift,” said Leonie Huddy, a political science professor at Stony Brook University in New York. “If they play it right, they have exactly the issue that will attract women voters to them.”

Concerned over the U.S. economy, women backed Republican congressional candidates a year ago by 49 percent to 48 percent, according to a CNN exit poll, a break with the traditional support female voters have provided Democrats. Four years earlier, when Democrats ended 12 years of Republican control on Capitol Hill, they received 55 percent of women’s votes.

Obama Support

In 2008, Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama received the votes of 56 percent of women compared with 49 percent of men.

Last month, Democrat Kathy Hochul benefited from efforts to galvanize women voters in winning a special election in New York’s Republican-leaning 26th Congressional District. Emily’s List, which supports female Democrats who back abortion rights, and Planned Parenthood helped Hochul make the Republican plan to end traditional Medicare the centerpiece of her campaign.

“Women rightfully feel more economically vulnerable,” said Debbie Walsh, director of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University’s Eagleton Institute in New Brunswick, New Jersey. “They’re aligning themselves with the political party they believe is more supportive of maintaining that social safety net.”

Medicare Issue

The House Republican budget bill passed in April, proposed by Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, would end traditional Medicare for anyone turning 65 in 2022 and later. Instead, future seniors would receive subsidies to buy private insurance. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that most seniors would pay more for health care under Ryan’s plan.

A May 25-30 poll by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press found just 32 percent of women -- and 25 percent of women 50 and older -- supporting Ryan’s plan. Among men, 39 percent supported it, as did 33 percent of those 50 and older. The survey of 1,509 adults had a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

Emily’s List cited the Medicare plan as it singled out nine House Republican freshmen as its first targets next year, months earlier than in the last election. They are Paul Gosar of Arizona, Allen West of Florida, Robert Dold and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, Chip Cravaack of Minnesota, Joe Heck of Nevada, Frank Guinta and Charlie Bass of New Hampshire and Steve Stivers of Ohio.

Candidate Meetings

NARAL Pro-Choice America, a Washington-based group that supports abortion rights, has been meeting with prospective candidates it might back since January, earlier than usual for the group. 1 is also updating its voter guide on women’s issues rather than waiting until a few months before the elections.

“We’re getting out there a lot sooner,” said Elizabeth Shipp, NARAL’s political director.

Other issues that have spurred the heightened political activity by Democratic-leaning women’s groups include the vote in April by the Republican-controlled House to cut off federal funding for Planned Parenthood because it offers abortions in some locations. The organization focuses on providing health services for women, including cancer screenings.

Republican lawmakers also have proposed funding cuts for the Women, Infants and Children nutrition program that would leave up to 475,000 low-income recipients of the aid without federal help, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a Washington-based research group.

Republican Response

Republicans say the budget cuts are necessary to shrink the deficit and improve the economy, as they pledged to do in the 2010 campaign. They express confidence that public concern over these issues will undercut the Democratic pitch to women voters.

“This is exactly the place Democrats always go when they realize they’re losing the message game and become desperate,” said Joanna Burgos, a spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. “Unfortunately for them, Americans know that Republicans were the ones who shifted the debate in Washington to one of cutting spending and growing the economy.”

Republican-allied women’s groups are helping make the party’s case. The Washington-based Susan B. Anthony List, which opposes abortion and spent $1.8 million last year in support of Republican congressional candidates, ran radio ads in April against Democratic Senators Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Claire McCaskill of Missouri and Ben Nelson of Nebraska, criticizing them for supporting Planned Parenthood.

“America just doesn’t want their money wrapped up in abortion, especially when things are fiscally tight,” SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser said.

The Democratic-leaning women’s groups see evidence that their arguments are making headway.

Online Petition

An online Planned Parenthood petition opposing the push to cut the group’s funding garnered 810,000 names, expanding the group’s mailing list by more than 400,000, said spokesman Tait Sye. The group’s Facebook fans grew to 173,000 in May from 100,000 in January.

Emily’s List collected 80,000 e-mail addresses on two websites it set up to oppose Republican proposals.

“Republicans are waging war against the very things that keep women and their families thriving,” said Jess McIntosh, a spokeswoman for Emily’s List. “That is a huge motivator for women to run and for women voters to turn out.

Earth, Wind, and Fire~~Thats the Way (Live) (Not the usual fare, but they are one band I love.)

"Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!"~~Wilkins McCawber.

#10 SLO

SLO

"...at least I got Chicken." -Leeroy Jenkins

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

Heh JTR I read this essay a few weeks ago and wondered with what you thought of this essay. There is even more support for the essay that I wish was included, but it is a comprehensive start.

Rando: How is the way you were raised any less manipulative than being an asshole(note the term is really a term of art and doesn't mean just being a dick)? Opening doors for girls is just a different way to be manipulative to get sex. And Rando, be thankful that it doesn't make sense to you. Women and men think differently--what attracts you to them and they to you is wholly different. Anything else is projection.
Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal --- Immortal Technique

Take care of THIS --- Al Gore

#11 Rando

Rando

• Freesteader Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

While I think that certain chivalrous actions can be characterized as manipulation, it has a lot to do with intent. Someone raised to open doors and pull out chairs does so not for sex, but because they were taught it was right to do so for a lady regardless.

Most people aren't raised to be childish assholes (or whatever you want to call them, I'm having trouble putting a term to it). They stoop to that level to get women. In a general sense of course, its easier to speak in absolutes, but they doesn't mean its true across the board.

#12 disclaim_her

disclaim_her

Captain Tightpants

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

What's really funny is that "The Masculinity Vacuum in Entertainment " is merely a variation of The Minority Vacuum in Entertainment, which people of color have been pointing out for decades.

Except there's not really a time in entertainment history that people of color were not stereotypes that were either
1)unflattering and buffoonish

2)exist soley to serve as the sidekick or "magical negro" to white main characters or had to be twice as moral or righteous (ie the Cosby show)in order to be considered mainstream and not niche TV channel fodder.

White people have been denying (for years) that a lack of positive representation means anything, and it's certainly not racism! It's not possible to train white people to fear black folks with TV shows that portray black men as thugs and black women as hyper sexual bitches! And if that does happen (which we certainly won't admit) then it's all their own fault because they're the ones acting and writing these characters! (sorta like men are the ones acting and writing the male characters....but that's totes different ammirite?)

Wonder what all that racism leads to?

Anyone? Bueller?
I had a signature once.

It was awful.

#13 Trolic

Trolic

Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. –Gandhi

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Minorities blindly ignoring their own racism will make things better?

Watch an all black show on T.V. and guess what the White guy is the sidekick/buffoon. It's ok when they do it because it was done to them? Yeap lets keep going in circles sooner or later things will just magically improve.
Every one has a photo graphic memory.
Mine is out of film.

Get out of my head!! I won't do it, quit trying to make me.

Daktoria curing statism with pumpkins and feminism, for the sensitive.

#14 freeBatjko

freeBatjko

The right most valued by all civilized men is the right to be left alone. – Justice Louis Brandeis

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Ah minority outrage. How classically noble a sentiment, isn't it?

Btw, here is another group that is embarrassingly under-represented on day time TV and corporate executive boards:
http://bbc.in/lhr80o

Windsor woman warns over Facebook amputee fetishists
A Windsor campaigner has warned of the dangers of social networking after being targeted by men who are attracted to amputee women.
Charlotte Fielder, who was born missing a hand, has been awarded an MBE for her work helping people who are "limb deficient" with the charity Reach.
After signing up to Facebook, she found her profile image had been copied and posted on a pornographic website.
Her image was subjected to obscene comments by men attracted to amputees.
The image used was one of Mrs Fielder fully-clothed.
She said many women amputees she knew had been contacted by so-called "devotees".
Mrs Fielder, 47, said she joined Facebook in 2008 and used it to keep in touch with people she helps.
When speaking to a female athlete from the British Paralympic Team she discovered her image had been used for pornographic purposes.

Sexual attraction

She said: "The same thing happened to this Paralympic athlete. She said it almost ruined her career, because people kept using her images for these devotee websites.
"Most amputees want nothing to do with devotees, because they see us as objects."
Mrs Fielder said in her experience most female amputees had experienced their photographs being used by "devotee" websites.
She said: "There are men who target women with limb deficiencies, because it's their primary sexual attraction."
Mrs Fielder said most of the men who contacted her were based in the United States. Many pretended to have missing limbs and tried to contact her as friends on Facebook.
She said: "Facebook have told me to block them, but they just come back with a different name."
Mrs Fielder said she was particularly worried about the effect it might have on young women who were struggling to come to terms with the loss of a limb while growing up.
She said: "I'm a 47-year-old woman but younger girls aren't aware. These men are out there, they lie and pretend to be limb deficient to make friends with people.
"Teenagers with limb deficiencies have enough issues. It'd be like growing up with the biggest spot in the world on your nose.
"When I was young I'd always keep my stump in my pocket."
A spokesperson from Facebook said it had a policy that people should only add people they knew as friends.
It said people could adjust their privacy settings to prevent images being copied.

Edited by freeBatjko, 09 June 2011 - 09:43 AM.

“As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.”

Pythagoras (Greek philosopher and mathematician, BC 580-500)

#15 disclaim_her

disclaim_her

Captain Tightpants

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Minorities blindly ignoring their own racism will make things better?

Watch an all black show on T.V. and guess what the White guy is the sidekick/buffoon. It's ok when they do it because it was done to them? Yeap lets keep going in circles sooner or later things will just magically improve.

An "all black" TV show gets stuck on niche channels like BET and not mainstream channels like ABC, NBC or CBS. (see my above post)

And it can't be an "all Black" tv show if there's a white person in it.

Nice way to tap dance around the point though. If TV and entertainment can train women to disrespect men, it can also train men to disrespect women (though that's always been denied) and train white people to fear/hate minorities. (also, always been denied)

Edited by disclaim_her, 09 June 2011 - 09:55 AM.

I had a signature once.

It was awful.

#16 Trolic

Trolic

Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. –Gandhi

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

I denied nothing just pointed out how you like to hide behind a double standard.

You like being on that High Horse preaching down to use dumb white people. Because you know how much better you and yours are huh?
Every one has a photo graphic memory.
Mine is out of film.

Get out of my head!! I won't do it, quit trying to make me.

Daktoria curing statism with pumpkins and feminism, for the sensitive.

#17 disclaim_her

disclaim_her

Captain Tightpants

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

It's not a double standard dearie, unless I've somehow advocated it's ok. You'll notice I haven't.

Please please work on reading comprehension.

The (always denied) wasn't referring to you, specifically Trolic. MRAs deny men have been trained via media to disrespect women, but advocate that media trains women to disrespect men. MRA's and racist deny that the media has trained white people to hate/fear minorities, but cries about a double standard when Black shows (that only exist on small time channels because black TV shows aren't mainstream like white tv shows are)do it. Suddenly, when Black shows are doing it, it's Bad and unfair and reverse racism. But they never mention how white shows doing it are also racist.

So who, again, is holding the double standard?

If it's sexist/racist, then it is across the board. Period. No matter who is doing it.

Edited by disclaim_her, 09 June 2011 - 10:32 AM.

I had a signature once.

It was awful.

#18 Gen. Jack T. Ripper

Gen. Jack T. Ripper

• Administrators
  • 8,470 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Who denies media trains men to disrespect women, except, perhaps, to point out that a whole hell of a lot of women do an even better job in their own right of giving us reason to disrespect them?.

But modern media's a cesspool. Always has been. Hollyweird has always celebrated men who treat women like shit. It's just that now, the cesspool is deeper: it no longer celebrates anything good to match the bad: it celebrates rotten men, and mindless consumer women who wield power over men who once would've been portrayed as decent men, but now are buffoons. In other words, I'll thank your hamster for saving me the trouble of associating your side with 'Birth of a Nation'.

#19 disclaim_her

disclaim_her

Captain Tightpants

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

Who denies media trains men to disrespect women

The list is long. You have google, use it.

That list is almost as long as butthurt white people who rail against the very idea they could be surrounded by racism and not notice it because culture has immersed them in it.

I think it's something along the lines of 14% of women in power positions in any media outlet. So if men are portrayed as buffoons, then talk to male writers and producers who "do an even better job in their own right of giving us reason to disrespect them"

And if you're little "omgz wimmins are ruining the Western World" is correct, then I have no reason to respect men because they are clearly too weak to win at a game they started.

I mean, that's all your links are saying here, really. Men are losing. Well, like any loser (just ask the Indians) to the victor goes the spoils and the losers just need to face reality. I think I recall you saying something exactly like that.

Practice what you preach, if you're capable of it. Given your sex, I doubt you are if all the whiners you agree with are any indication. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had a signature once.

It was awful.

#20 disclaim_her

disclaim_her

Captain Tightpants

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

*does the sorry you're a LOSER dance*

*jazz hands*